Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Digital document structures: Week 3 review

rss feed
Flickr
Trove
Wikipedia


rss feed: Feedly
Started a feed reader site on Feedly. I did this last week but something went awry. Focussed on the embedding rss into my Google Site, spent some time last week looking around at various options for feeds. Have organised some feeds.
feedly



Spent some time thinking about managing my personal information and thinking about the level of engagement I have choosing the content to follow. What I like, what I really like, what I love, what I feel like I should be following, what I impulsively follow, what I don't want certain people to know I follow. 
Is following an identity thing?
Am I painting a picture of myself when I follow?
Do I care? Do people care? Self awareness.. etc and so on and so forth.
I'm talking more about Twitter 'followings' here. (plus Facebook of course. ) Feedly is more personal perhaps - or is it? I need to investigate, or double check. SO many new accounts. I've been thinking a lot about social media, its role and how it is used and how I use it. What is its function to me, do I utilise it... I can go on. But these have been the churnings in my thoughts over the last few weeks. Many questions to answer explore and note.



Flickr
Created a Flickr account. I have had one before. I've just put up some illustrations as it was quick and easy for me to do. I try to keep personal photos private. I'd like to investigate categorising in Flickr. later. I have investigated privacy setting and set up some albums.
flickr











Trove
I'm now a Trove corrector. I have done one page.
Trove: before

Trove:
after















Wikipedia

Wikipedia
I've had a go in Wikipedia, signed in etc.
I'd like to create a page, even if it is just a tiny start, as is the nature of contributions from any interested party, for Japanese animator Mirai Mizue. Tweet










Endnote exercise
I ran out of time to do this, but I did use Endnote when I did a Masters by coursework. I definitely need to review it though. Especially for this week's work.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete